mmmmm my house smells sooo good!!!
Its the first day of October, scentsy warmers are on, Braydens playing and im preparing some crockpot lasagna to cook while im out running errands! #winwin
it’ll be ready just in time for Brian to get home from work, whom did I mention… thinks this is just regular old starchy high fat lasagna? HEHE!
Today im using ground turkey fresh from the butchers yesterday, sometimes I use ground chicken so do as you please!
you will need…
- 1lb of whichever meet you will choose ( ground turkey) (2 lbs if you have a large crock pot ours is smaller)
- lasagna noodles ( I use ‘Healthy Harvest’ whole grain noodles!!) – he doesn’t even notice the difference!
- 1 Jar of organic spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese (1% or fat free)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese
( DOUBLE everything if you have a bigger crockpot)
- Bown the meat, drain and scoop 1cup sauce into the brottom of the crockpot, mix remaining sauce with the meat!
- place a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles on the the sauce in the crockpot and spread 1/3 meat mixture ontop the noodles.
- spread 3/4 cup cottage cheese over meat
- sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- add another layer of noodles, 1/3 of the meat mixture
- the remaining cottage cheese and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- another layer of noodles, last bit of the meat, top with shredded cheese and sprinkle the parmesan!
EASY PEASY RIGHT??
cook on low for 4 hours, if cooked too long it does go a bit ‘well done’
let me know what you think!
feel free to share for friends and family